http://itscollin.wordpress.com

http://itscollin.wordpress.com
This is the URL for the blog I will be using.

Ending of my dance.

Ending of my dance.
It's tons of fun! It's like crowd surfing!!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

"What Counts"

Hey, guys. I got a cool idea earlier, and I'm gonna try it out. But first, here's a little poem that might serve as a good introduction.
What Counts
What counts is not what other people think,
but what you think.
The person who calls your video dumb doesn't count,
but what counts are the good memories.
The person who stares awkwardly at you when you greet your best friend doesn't count.
What counts are all the laughs you just remembered.

So basically, this is just talking about today's youth, and their stereotypical reactions to almost everything. Everyone does this kind of stuff. People do things that count, and people do things that don't count. You can't deny it! It's how we are these days. In fact, there are probably a lot of people who are about to do things that "don't count" because of this post. Whether I know or not, they probably will. And that's what doesn't count. It's like the saying "it's the thought that counts", there are some things that are truly valuable in life, and somethings that don't even matter. 

Now that I have explained the concept, here's the second part. I am going to post a YouTube video talking about all of this same stuff, and what you can do is comment on that video or post a video response talking about what counts for you, and what doesn't count for you. If I approve, it will be posted here. You can also comment on this blog post. I really want you guys to think about this, seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment