http://itscollin.wordpress.com

http://itscollin.wordpress.com
This is the URL for the blog I will be using.

Ending of my dance.

Ending of my dance.
It's tons of fun! It's like crowd surfing!!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

teen advanced

So, there's this team at my studio that I really want to make, and auditions are only a few short months away. It's the next level up from the team I'm on now, and I REEEAAALLLLYYY want to make it. But, I don't think I will make it. Here are some reasons: 1) I am currently in 6th grade, and you normally don't make this team until 8th, but some really good 7th graders make it 2) there are a TON of other people who could probably make this team, and 3) there is already a boy who made this team in 7th grade, so he will definitely be on it again and I don't think they are going to put two boys on one team. But there's a lot of people who think I'm good enough and that I will make this team. I don't know all of the technical requirements, but I know of a few. Here they are:
-four a la secondes
-triple pirouettes
-moderate flexibility, so that your kicks look good
-turning leaps/capezios
-basic technique (pointed toes, straight knees, etc.)
I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of it right now. Please comment, and tell me what YOU think!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment